Thursday, April 14, 2022
President: BMCM Chuck Robertson, Retired
Vice President: Billini Benoit
Secretary: LSCS Gary Rosenberg, Retired
Treasurer: OSCS Ronald B. Roy, Retired
Honorable members and guests present:
BMCM Chuck Robertson
LSCS(SW) Gary Rosenberg
HMCS Billini Benoit
BMC(SS) Mike Short
YNCM Marc Fagenbaum
HMC Dean Powell
HMCS George Herrera
HMC Rick Tedlow
QMCS Ken Larson
MMC Michael George
BTCM Paul LaCoursiere
CMDCM John Briody
CBCM Ron Zasloff
MAC Natalie Arroyo
OSCS Ron Roy
- CPOA meeting was called to order by Master Chief Chuck Robertson at 1930.
Pledge of Allegiance and Moment of Silence followed by the Sailors Creed.
- Chuck – welcome our new members or returning, new member CMDCM John Briody
- Minutes from the Previous Meeting. Motion to accept minutes as posted. Duly seconded and approved.
Checks outstanding; 1092, for $61.25 for corp. annual report
Outstanding deposit; None
Savings $0.00 (Closed account)
Event funds $12,000.00 expenses have been $1,800
Motion to accept the treasurer’s report. Duly seconded and approved.
Awards – Chief Short,
Going to buy 4 paddles for the ships during fleet week and for the yacht club.
Scholarship – Chief Tedlow,
Apply by June 30th 2022.
Philanthropy – Chief Powell,
Sent out birthday cards and get well cards.
· Ship Liaison – Senior Chief Starr, NTR
Fleet Week –
No obstacles for fleet week, 2 Destroyers and 1 Coast Guard Cutter will be here.
CPO reception will be held at Coral Ridge Yacht club.
The next meeting will be in April at the yacht club.
CPOA members are invited with khaki pants and CPOA collared shirts.
Season – CMDCM Briody,
Billi is the season lead, the list for board eligible will be out on April 27th.
NRC will merge with SOUTHCOM for specific events during season.
Final night should be Oct 20 with Oct 21 pinning.
· CRYC – Master Chief LaCoursiere, NTR
– Chief Tedlow,
Key West is replaced with a dinner cruise on the Jungle Queen for the 6pm dinner and show cruise on May 21.
This is the link to buy the tickets. https://www.junglequeen.com/book-now/
(please signup via the website so we have a count.)
· VA Liaison – Master Chief Robertson, NTR
Fund Raising – Chief George,
Not invited back to BBT yet, looking into F1 race, the race will run for 10 years.
Hard rock NFL possibility, main issue is getting bodies to participate.
Opportunity at post 92 one Sunday a month from 1 – 5 to deal bar poker.
Raising about $100. Each time.
Old Business: (No old business)
· We will donate $1,000 for the year to Armed Forces Service Center.
· NRC is Having Family day on Sunday July 10th at 10am CAPO is invited.
Good of the Order:
· 50/50 raffle after the meeting for $1
LSCS(ret) Gary Rosenberg
MIAMI CPOA Secretary