Thursday, February 03, 2022
President: BMCM Chuck Robertson, Retired
Vice President: Billini Benoit
Secretary: LSCS Gary Rosenberg, Retired
Treasurer: OSCS Ronald B. Roy, Retired
Honorable members and guests present:
BMCM Chuck Robertson
OSCS Ronald Roy
LSCS(SW) Gary Rosenberg
HMCS Billini Benoit
BMC(SS) Mike Short
QMC Arthur Drago
CBCM Ron Zasloff
HMC Pamela Washington
HMC Scott Behrje
YNCM Marc Fagenbaum
MAC Natalie Arroyo
HMC Rick Tedlow
HMC Dean Powell
CMDCS John Briody
- CPOA meeting was called to order by Master Chief Chuck Robertson at 1930.
Pledge of Allegiance and Moment of Silence followed by the Sailors Creed.
- Chuck – welcome our new members or returning, Billini Benoit.
- Minutes from the Previous Meeting. Motion to accept minutes as posted. Duly seconded and approved.
Checks outstanding; None
Outstanding deposit; None
Motion to accept the treasurer’s report. Duly seconded and approved.
· Awards – Chief Short, going to buy 5 paddles for the ships during fleet week and for the yacht club
· Scholarship – Chief Tedlow, Apply by June 30th 2022.
· Philanthropy – Chief Powell, Nobody is sick, died or hurt.
· Ship Liaison – Senior Chief Starr, NTR
Fleet Week –
CPO reception will be held at Coral Ridge Yacht Club. The next meeting will be
in February at the yacht club. More to report later.
CPOA members are invited with khaki pants and CPOA collared shirts. Please see attached from yacht club meeting.
· Season – CMDCS Briody, Getting leads together. Sailors are thankful for the gift card from the CPOA.
· CRYC – Master Chief Lacoursiere, NTR
MWR – Key
West is now open except the Fly Navy bldg., planning a trip for May 20 and 21.
Rooms are not available.
Sea service museum in Seabring about 3 hours away, is open wed – sat 12-4. Looking at cruises for a weekend from Miami
for 3 days and 2 nights. Will look into bowling during season.
VA Liaison –
Master Chief Robertson, paid 2 veterans back rent, and
paid for a U-haul for a veteran that had to move stuff
out due to a flood from above. Ballance is now $894.46.
– Chief George, the NOSC will only fundraise with our CPOA. Not invited back to
BBT yet, looking into F1 race,
the race will run for 10 years. Hard rock NFL possibility, main issue is getting bodies to participate. Opportunity at post 92 one
Sunday a month from 1 – 5 to deal bar poker. Raising about $100. Each time.
· No old business
· Motion was approved to give $1,000 to a sailor who needs a new roof.
Good of the Order:
· 50/50 raffle after the meeting for $1
LSCS(ret) Gary Rosenberg
MIAMI CPOA Secretary